Saturday 11 November 2017

Gal Pals & Giggles!

What better way to spend a cool, overcast, blowy Saturday than to gather with some gorgeous stitching gal pals for a time of chatting, eating yummy food, drinking cups of tea, laughing like lunatics, giggling like a bunch of school girls ... Oh! ... And apparently some people sewed & stitched! Tee! Hee! Hee! 

This weekend was the last mini-retreat for the year for our Friday Night Sit & Sew group & although I could only stretch time & budget to one day, I think I packed in three days of fun.

I worked on the stitchery part of my SSCS gifties, so can't show it to you, but I CAN show you something I sewed from start to finish yesterday that went to its new home today ...


When I was collecting blues, greens, aquas & teals for my beach skirt, Kiwi Chriss searched her stash for some contributions, so ... I decided to turn some of the fabrics into a slightly different beach skirt for her to say thank you. Chriss's skirt is a tier shorter as sh's not a leftover hippie like me! :0) Since it was a surprise I had to guess at sizing, but it fitted & she loved it! YAY!

Now I mentioned there was much laughter today & one contributing factor was the crazy & mischievous Miss Fiona from BubzRugz  ...


She decided that Julie's chain pieced flying geese blocks looked like a feather boa ... Here she is decked out for a quilting cocktail party ... With Julie giggling hysterically beside her! :0) Thanks for a fabulously fun day, gals! And a HUGE  thank you to the Marvellous Marion for organising another fantastic stitching retreat.

Am all funned out for now though, so am off to bed. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 
 


 

7 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

what a day.....LOL....giggles...friends...sewing, all perfect....what a precious friend you are making an extra skirt....xxxxx

Jeanette said...

Looks like a fabulous fun day. Hugs,xx

Maria said...

Sew nice to have such a fun time with friends... sew good for you!
Fiona's a blast...

Anonymous said...

wow Kris what a fun happy day,thankyou for sharing xx

Fiona said...

hey what happened to what happens at retreat stays at retreat???? hmmmmmm ... I love the matching skirts.... it was a fun part weekend...
Hugz

Chriss said...

The gift of the skirt was brilliant, thank you so much Kris. It was surely a brilliant day. We all had a ball. Love the photos.

Susan said...

Love the skirts - trust Miss Fiona to be the laugh of the party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...